Thursday, December 16, 2010

home sweet home

Please read Perrin's blog first or at the same time. Mine will then make a lot more sense.

i'm back, i'm back, i'm back! exams are done and i'm back in business with mocking. because Perrin missed friday AND monday AND i'm lazy, i'm going to combine everything on a thursday! i know, i know. totally illegal. but i'm going do it anyways.
so...favorites. today my favorites are random. very random actually.
1. the middle seat on the bus
i told you they were random...
having a class (actually all of my classes) in America (a country far away from the rest of the world) means i have the privilege to be able to ride bus every day to and from class FOR FREE. there is one seat that as s
oon as i get on the bus i look to see if someone is sitting there. if not, i rush to get it before somebody else does. This might sound a little strange to you, but if you know me, I get that excited about almost everything. Let my try and explain why i love this seat so much:

first, it's perfect for people watching (judging) and i'm a big fan of people watching (judging). you can look to your left, ri
ght, and straight down to the end of the bus at all the people. so great. secondly, it's right by the heat and i loooove heat. especially when it's freeeezing (literally) outside.

this is me in my seat (see the heater behind me!!)
2. post-it notes
the randomness is not getting any better is it?
but i seriously don't know what i would do without them! they keep me sane. like i literary am insane unless i leave myself notes telling me who i am around me. i use them for anything and everything but mostly to remind myself not to listen to the voices i hear in my head. it was the one thing i made sure i stocked up on before coming to school. some of the current ones hanging on the wall in my dorm are "remember pencils for the morning," "Proverbs 21"19 'It is better to live alone in the desert, than with a crabby, complaining wife'" and "mail in rebate for cell phone." see what i mean? they keep me sane. i would forget so much if it wasn't for these little sticky pieces of paper. i don't only stick them on the wall though. books, Bible, mirror, anywhere i can get some free space, there's sure to be a sticky note. the pictures below are an example of another great use of post-it notes. these were all posted on my wall in my room from some dear friends when i got home from thanksgiving. so fun!
and now for the christmas favorite! (this is where the mistletoe monday part comes in).

3. my favorite Christmas movie, and don't laugh, but it's Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. ahhh so good!! it's a classic. again, don't laugh, but i'm watching it right now while sitting in front of the fireplace and writing this anticipating the snow tonight for my white Christmas. as a little girl, i would watch this movie ALL the time; whether it was Christmas or not. i loved the music, the dancing, and i admired how beautiful the aliens and Santa Claus were. plus it's got some robots and space. so talented! i think i pretty much have all the lines memorized and after watching it over and over again i never get sick of it.


i'm going to finish my movie now and make some Zen tea that my momma got me for the care package she never sent. yeah, typical mom... but make sure you check the blog this week because i will be leaving for the big apple on friday night and will have lots to talk about!!!! i'm not excited at all. just kidding! i can hardly wait!! i'm counting down the hours! so, make sure you check it friday! hope you're staying warm and enjoying your night!
xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment